Target Start Date:
Are you a current or recently graduated student interested in mergers and acquisitions? Resolve is offering two internships to provide exposure and insight to the M&A / SME transactions world. Specifically, the internship program is be split into three components:
- 1-week in head office shadowing Resolve's Exec team in operational updates, strategy and planning meetings, and white-boarding sessions.
- 1-week shadowing Resolve's Sales team on the road meeting with, and onboarding business brokers, M&A firms, and the deals teams at Accounting firms.
- 6-weeks working in the business on live opportunities including, but not limited to, industry research to feed into Resolve content, profiling small-medium sized business owners, reviewing and formatting information memorandums, and building basic financial models (with hands-on training and support. For anyone reading this now feeling overwhelmed or under-qualified, fear not, you're not expected to have any prior knowledge and we are thorough teachers and supportive co-workers who don't expect perfect).
Why Should You Apply?
This is a chance to get real-world experience at an exciting and fast growing scale-up intermediating the M&A market for small-medium sized enterprises. If that's not enough for you, here are some more reasons to apply:
- the internship is paid ($1,000 p/week)
- you decide the length of your internship: from 6-week min to 12-week max
- you'll get exposure across the whole business and spend time with experienced, clever operators... you should learn more in the 6-12 week period than many grads will learn in their first 12-months of work;
- free return trip to Sydney (non-Sydney based applicants only) + trips to wherever the Sales Leads are heading int he week you spend with them;
- permanent role offered and held for you until you complete your studies (subject to your attitude you bring and aptitude you demonstrate during the internship)
- learn what some of the desirable job titles roles you've heard bandied about on campus entail, and what the career paths actually look like
We look forward to hearing from you. Applicants will receive detailed feedback if they are unsuccessful so throw your hat in the ring and the worst you'll get is constructive feedback that's free to ignore!
Being an internship, the only skills we expect you to have are interpersonal. AKA:
- Can you fit into a team environment?
- Are you willing to ask for help?
- Are you friendly and communicative?
- Are you willing to act and feel like a member of the team?
If so, you sound perfect. We'll look after the rest. Mergers and Acquisitions, or "M&A", is broad enough to present opportunities to all applicant personas. Are you a serial networker, an analytical introvert, or any other permutation thrown up by personality tests? Looking forward to learning more about you..!